Alexandra Allison is building a broad civil litigation practice. Prior to joining Chernos Flaherty
, Alexandra served as a Law Clerk to Associate Chief Justice Alexandra Hoy and Justice David M. Brown of the Court of Appeal for Ontario. She previously articled at Stikeman Elliott LLP in Toronto.
Alexandra received her law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School, where she won course prizes in commercial law, securities, tax and class actions. During her studies, she served as a research assistant to Professor Poonam Puri, working on research projects in corporate governance and securities regulation. Alexandra also holds an Honours Bachelor of Arts (with High Distinction) in history and philosophy from the University of Toronto. Alexandra was called to the Ontario bar in 2018.
Alexandra has assisted on
- contractual disputes regarding commercial, insurance, franchise and employment agreements
- regulatory proceedings before the Ontario Energy Board and the Ontario Securities Commission
- shareholder disputes and oppression claims
- insolvency and restructuring
- class actions involving conspiracy, price-fixing, fraud and product-liability claims
- constitutional litigation involving division of powers and the Charter
The Advocates’ Society
Canadian Bar Association
Toronto Lawyers Association
Osgoode Hall Law School
Honours BA (with High Distinction), 2014
University of Toronto